Publish your data in lots of different ways
With CatBase you can produce all kinds of publications in endless different styles. It works with your chosen page layout program (QuarkXPress, InDesign, FrameMaker, and others). You simply tell CatBase which records to publish, what data to include, and how to style each part of the publication. You don't need to do any programming: just make selections in dialog boxes and CatBase does the rest. When you transfer the data to your page layout program, it's all automatically formatted.
Produce all kinds of publications:
- Price Lists
- Membership Lists
- Classified Ads
- Course Catalogues
- "Yellow Pages" directories
- ... or just about any type of publication that's data-based!
Get a Free, time-unlimited Trial version of CatBase!
Publish to lots of different publishing destinations:
- InDesign CS
- Microsoft Word, or any program that supports RTF tags
- Delimited text files
- An ODBC-compliant application such as MS SQL Server, MySql, etc. (Data Chameleon Edition)
- Interface: Easy-to-use point-and-click interface - no programming required
- Data Sources: Enter data directly or import it from practically any other source, such as a spreadsheet, text file, XML file, or (Data Chameleon Edition) ODBC data source such as MS Sql Server, MySql, etc.
- Publishing: Create any number of Publishing Styles to publish your data in lots of different ways and to different publishing destinations
- Mixed formatting: Automatically style different elements of your text in different ways – for example:
- Conditional Formatting: Various options, such as Formulas, enable you to tell CatBase how to make decisions about what to publish and how to style it.
- Pictures can be automatically placed (QuarkXPress, InDesign and FrameMaker)
- Automatic updating : Once your data has been published to QuarkXPress or InDesign CS2, 3 or 4, data can be updated in the document or from the document back to the database (last-minute pricing updates, for example)
- Available in single-user and multi-user versions
- Available for Windows and Macintosh
- Automation: Create Sets of data that meet certain criteria; set up Publishing Projects so you don't have to remember the settings each time you publish; use the Event Scheduler to automatically perform tasks such as importing or publishing data according to a flexible schedule
- Communications: Send and receive emails; print letters and labels
- Automatic Backups: The Backup Scheduler makes backups at specified intervals and maintains a log file of all changes made to the database; in the event of a system crash, it can automatically restore the database if necessary
Find Out More!