Database publishing simplified!
With the CatBase database publishing wizard, you simply make selections in dialogue boxes to choose what you want to publish and how to format it. You don't need to know anything about programming; CatBase does all the complicated work for you.
CatBase: the Database Publishing Wizard
CatBase makes it easy to publish your data in the form of a catalogue, directory, price list ... or any sort of database-based publication. You can publish in print, with QuarkXPress, FrameMaker, InDesign, Microsoft Word, and other page layout programs; to XML files; to text files; and to ODBC-compliant data sources such as MySql and Sql Server.
Example Screen Shots
The Publishing Style Wizard
You set up a Publishing Style Sheet for each publishing project: this is where you specify such things as how to sort the data; whether to organise it by Category; where it's going to be published (Quark, InDesign, FrameMaker, XML, etc.), and other basic settings:
The Paragraph Wizard
In your Publishing Style, you set up Paragraphs. A Paragraph might contain just one element (a picture, or the company or product name, for example) or it might contain a number of elements. This Paragraph comprises four Elements:
The Elements Wizard
There are seven Element types: Field data; Text; Formula; Punctuation; Calculation; Picture; and Relation. You simply choose the Element type and optional settings (such as the picture size, which field to use, and so on):
CatBase offers lots of different formatting options!
- Define your own tables and fields using the Table and Field Setup option (click on the Setup button on the main window).
- Design your data entry forms using the Form Design Wizard (click on the Setup button on the main window)
- Import data from practically any source (see the video)
- Publish your data in many different styles: as a catalogue with or without pictures, a directory, price list, and so on.
- Publish your data to various publishing destinations: InDesign, QuarkXPress, FrameMaker, XML, HTML, delimited text files, RTF, Excel ...
- Create reports on your data
- Send emails and letters if you have contact details in your database
- ... and lots of other things!
What do do next ...
- See demonstration videos showing how the process works.
- Look at some other Tutorials
- Download a fully functional Demo and try it for yourself
- Order your copy of CatBase now!
- Contact us if you have any questions
- See a full list of the program's features
- Make an appointment for a LIVE demonstration (no matter where you are)!